The Feedroom is the industry's leading provider of broadband streaming video. Our customers include many of the largest names in media and twelve of the Fortune 50; you can see some examples on our site at http://www.feedroom.com.
We're looking for the very best software developers to join our team
to develop the next generation of the company's core digital asset
management system. You'll work with some of the best software talent
in the business on a fast-paced agile team, doing "green field"
development in the hottest new technologies (Flex and Apollo, with a
RESTful back end) for a project with a great deal of visibility. Our
offices are located in Toronto's downtown core, not far from Union Station,
and convenient to the subway, the GO train, and the Harbourfront streetcar.
You'll work in an agile project room filled with
sharp coworkers, with a panoramic view of
Toronto Harbour downtown Toronto.
We're looking for people who
- are brilliant,
- get things done on time, and
- work well with the rest of our team.
We're looking for "A list" developers who are "generalizing specialists." We're going to be developing high-performance, mission-critical enterprise software that needs to be rock solid and very, very scalable, and we expect you to either come to us with a track record of successfully developing such systems, or prove to us that you're sharp enough to get up to speed on the problems involved very quickly. We're very picky about who we hire, we're unapologetic about that fact, and we care a lot more about your problem solving skills and your ability to write well-tested, well-designed, efficient code than we do about how many years of experience you have with which specific technologies.
That said, having any or all of the following characteristics would make you more attractive to us:
- Recent enterprise Java or Ruby experience, particularly with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and Rails.
- Familiarity with Magnolia, Alfresco, OpenCMS, or other content management systems, especially their internals.
- Workflow management experience with a framework such as openwfe-る or jBPM.
- Real-world SOA (or ROA) experience, with BPEL an extra plus... and you'll need to be able to explain what you mean when you say "SOA."
- An informed opinion about the relative merits of REST vs. WS-*, and the ability to clearly articulate it.
- Extensive SQL experience, including a clue about good data modeling, query optimization, and object/relational mapping issues.
- Experience with aspect-oriented programming.
- Security expertise.
- Experience with agile methods such as Scrum and XP, with experience in leadership or in self-organizing teams a plus.
- Test-driven or behaviour-driven development experience, and superior testing skills.
- Continuous integration, source control, and project build expertise, particularly Maven, Ant, Raven/JRake, and so forth.
- Strong object-oriented design, patterns, UML, and refactoring expertise.
- Experience with dynamic languages such as Ruby and Groovy, especially used inside the JVM.
- Operations and high-availability engineering experience.
- Interface design and usability expertise.
- Experience with Flex, especially in concert with Apollo, and especially especially in concert with Cairngorm, Flexible Rails, or the like.
- Other experience with ActionScript, Flash, OpenLaszlo, and related technologies.
- Experience with AJAX, DHTML, applets, and other technologies for creating rich client experiences.
- Skill and interest in mentoring junior and intermediate developers.
- A regular habit of reading up on the latest technologies, and a track record of applying them to help projects you've worked on.
- A facility for quickly learning and applying new languages and other skills.
- Superior communications skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm.
We're willing to consider relocation packages and/or sponsorship for the right candidates. If you're coming from the U.S., we'd prefer that you have at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or some other field that qualifies you for a NAFTA visa.
We offer extremely competitive compensation, a good work/life balance, and the opportunity to help shape the direction of tomorrow's systems. If you're a high performer in search of a great opportunity, and would like to join an all-star team of other high performers, please send a copy of your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, and let's talk!