"Hot on me" as in they're making me an offer, and want me in early January.
Which leaves me with a dilemma. I don't have any place in Seattle to stay, getting everything ready for a move that quickly is a big stretch, and I really don't want to go at this point. I don't want to leave Canada, I don't want to be away from linuxspice, and there are some cool things potentially afoot with the Arcadians here that I don't want to miss out on.
And yet, the company in question is really cool -- exactly the sort of place I most want to land. After a couple of months, I'd have a legitimate shot at winding up moving my career in one of the most appealing directions. And flatly, we need the money, after the disaster that 2009 has been.
I have an even better lead here in Toronto, which is about a 50/50 shot at this point. I'm in, if the hiring manager wins a political power struggle... which won't be resolved until after I would need to start driving west. I shut down my Toronto job search until things blew up, and I haven't heard anything else yet in the week or so that I've been reactivating it, and decision makers are away for the holidays. So I'm going to have to either take or leave this without having anything else lined up.
Crap. It's a nice problem to have, but I wish it weren't a problem. Until a week or so ago, this would have been a moment of triumph. And that makes this twice as hard.