- What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
Minneapolis, MN, in late June, to pick up my Lightning. No, wait -- Boston, for Bosov and Catherine's wedding. Yeesh, my memory these days....
- What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?
A coyote visited my camp the last time I went backpacking; does that count?
Update: jeliza reminded me of a certain unusual occurence that took place on a trip to Neenah, Wisconsin, a few years ago, but that was the point of the trip, so I'm not sure that it counts as "while traveling." And some extremely powerful ritual stuff that happened the Monday before that, on a trip to the Serpent Mound, trumps even that.
- If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
One of seven things:
- Sail, row, and run whitewater from Atlantic to Pacific in my little "His and Her" Schooner via rivers and canals, with two portages.
- Sail around the world in some other boat (perhaps a Pilot 45?).
- Sail the Northwest Passage, east to west, in an even sturdier boat than above.
- Thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Take my Dad to Africa for the trip that he's been promising me since I was 5.
- Go to Turkey with linuxspice to visit ancient Phrygian trans spiritual holy sites.
- Make a pilgrimmage to the Temple of Bahuchara Mata in Ahmedabad.
Oh, wait -- money is no object, not in the slightest? Great! I'd love to visit the Tharsis mountains and the Valles Marineris, then, with a stop on the Moon on the way home.
Truth be told, though, the real answer is Chautauqua, for the season.
- Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
Sailboat. :-) I love long car trips, though.
- What's the next place on your list to visit?
Hamilton, on Saturday.
I've heard quite a few American friends postulate moving to Canada if the Presidential election in the fall doesn't go their way. Amanda and I moved…
Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this. Most of the rest of the naginata folks in Toronto use Facebook, so I've been dragged kicking and…